Sending a file to ProtectWorks
If you need to send a suspicious file to ProtectWorks then the easiest way to do this is to copy it to a folder and use Apple’s Disk Utility to create an encrypted disk image file. This will prevent the file from being blocked by any internet server’s virus detection when you send it to support.
Note: you may need to disable ProtectWorks AntiVirus before you start so that you can copy the file.
Perform the following steps:
1. Create a new folder on your desktop.
2. Copy (don’t move) the suspicious file to the new folder.
3. Open Disk Utility, you’ll find it in the Applications > Utility folder.
4. Select New> Disk Image from Folder… from the Disk Image File Menu.
5. Choose the the folder you created and elect the Image button.
6. Select AES-128 (recommended) from the Encryption drop-down menu.
7. Disk Utility will beg creating a disk image file (you may be asked for your admin password for the process to commence).
8.Enter a password fro etc disk image file, and verify it (use a different password than your Admin password e.g. protectworks
9. Attach the dmg file to the Support email
You can now delete the folder you created on the desktop.
Don’t forget to let us know the disk image password.
(And re-enable ProtectWorks if you disabled it)!